The following terms and conditions of contract apply to all work carried out by A9 Architecture Ltd unless otherwise agreed in writing.
The ‘client’ referred to in our policies is the person(s), company, authority or other body who instructs A9 Architecture Ltd to undertake the work. The contract is between the ‘client’ and A9 Architecture Ltd.
- The scope and nature of the work will be defined in the fee proposal/estimate, to be read and accepted in accordance with the pricing policy unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- A9 Architecture Ltd will endeavour to meet an agreed programme of work but accept no responsibility for delays and/or consequential effects, however caused.
- A9 Architecture Ltd will employ all reasonable skill and diligence within the normal standards of the profession.
- Planning permission is not guaranteed by A9 Architecture. Payment will still be due on projects that receive a planning permission refusal.
- Deposits taken upon instruction of a full service are non-refundable, will be held on account and will be deducted from the final invoice.
- Should the client terminate an instruction, for whatever reason, all fees for time spent and expenses incurred up to the date of termination, shall be due at the rates defined in the pricing policy.
- A9 Architecture Ltd accepts no responsibility for third parties instructed by the client for other services including but not limited to Structural engineers, consultants & party-wall surveyors etc.
- All local authority fees are the responsibility of the client and are not included in any estimate of works. In exceptional circumstances, where A9 Architecture Ltd has made payment on behalf of the client for any third party fees/expenses whatsoever, A9 Architecture Ltd can charge the client for re-imbursement, in addition to all other fees contained in the estimate/pricing policy.
- Invoices will be issued in accordance with the estimate/pricing policy.
- Payment is due within 14 days of the date of invoice. A9 Architecture reserves the right to discontinue work on projects whereby invoices remain unpaid after 28 days without any notice to the client.
- The invoice will be issued to the client as named on the estimate.
- V.A.T. will be added at the current applicable rate to all fees.
- Charges on the invoice detailed as ‘disbursements’ include but are not limited to: photocopying, faxing, printing, binding, laminating, photography, other presentational material, ordnance survey maps/data, publications, travel, courier or other special delivery types, accommodation or any other expense reasonably incurred in pursuit of a project.
- A9 Architecture Ltd will charge interest on all unpaid invoices, commencing 28 days after invoice date at an annual percentage rate of 8% in accordance with section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 or any supervening legislation.
- Invoices remaining unpaid 28 days after the date of invoice may be subject to either internal or external debt collection procedures without prior notice. Letters sent in an effort to recover debts will be subject to a standard charge of £25 (excluding VAT).
- A9 Architecture Ltd will keep all information relating to the client confidential excluding where this information is already present or must enter the public domain in pursuit of performing the agreed services.
- A9 Architecture Ltd retains copyright in respect of all intellectual property and documentation relation to the work undertaken by A9 Architecture Ltd.